Phone: 828-254-4658 - Address: 70 N. Market St. Asheville, NC 28801
A Trial Attorney Who Cares about His Clients by Helping Them through Difficult Times and Procedures
Meet Attorney Smith
Roger Theodore Smith – Asheville, N.C. Trial Attorney
For more than 40 years, I have helped clients in western North Carolina navigate through matters involving criminal and family law. As a native Ashevillian, my community ties and my lengthy experience in criminal and domestic litigation allow me to effectively right for your rights to the fullest extent North Carolina law allows.
I received my undergraduate education at UNC-Chapel Hill, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in political science. I went on to receive my Juris Doctorate from Pepperdine University of Law. Since 1979, I’ve been a trial attorney in Asheville with experience in civil law in addition to criminal and family law.
Through the years, I have been involved with a variety of civic and professional organizations including:
• President of the 28th Judicial District (Buncombe County) Bar 2004-2005
• Founder and President of Environmental Law Society, Pepperdine University School of Law 1978-1979
• Certified Family Financial Mediator, 2003 – 2004.
• Awarded Outstanding Service Award by Buncombe County Bar and Pisgah Legal Services on May 22, 2002.
• Arbitrator with District Court system and for the B. B. B. since 1988
• Past member of NC State Bar Ethics Committee, local Grievance Committee, NC Bar Assoc. Dispute resolution Committee and Arbitration Sub-Committee
• Published in Marquis “Who’s Who in American Law, 5th Edition”
• Vice-President, Asheville Symphony Chorus
• Past Chairman, Irene Wortham Center
• Past President, UNC-Asheville Community Chorus
• Past President, Asheville Optimist Club and Santa Pal project
• Past President, WENOCA Group, Sierra Club
• Past President, neighborhood association
• Past member, Asheville Tree & Greenway Commission
• Past member, WNC Nature Center Board of Directors
• Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity through First Presbyterian Church, Asheville, NC
Roger T. Smith, Attorney at Law
Roger Theodore Smith, Attorney at Law
70 N. Market St. Asheville, NC 28801
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7172
Asheville, NC 28802
Saturday appointments available for new family law client consultations.
Cash, Check, or Charge